I am very glad to announce that our "Fully-Immersive Hapto-Audio-Visual Framework for Remote Touch" has been awarded as the "Best Student Poster" at the Proceeding of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Innovations in Information Technology (IIT’15), Dubai, United Arab Emirates, November 1-3, 2015.
The awarded poster is: Filippo Sanfilippo, Lars Ivar Hatledal and Kristin Ytterstad Pettersen. A Fully-Immersive Haptic, Audio and Visual Experience Framework. In Proceeding of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Innovations in Information Technology (IIT’15), Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 2015.
This is the umpteenth award for my co-authors, Aalesund University College, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology and myself. In particular, the following awards have been received previously:
- "Third Prize" for the article "A Wave Simulator and Active Heave Compensation Framework for Demanding Offshore Crane Operations" at the Proceeding of the IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE 2015), Ocean Paper Poster Competition, Halifax, Canada. 2015;
- "Student Scholarship" for the article "The New Architecture of ModGrasp for Mind-Controlled Low-Cost Sensorised Modular Hands" at the Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), Seville, Spain, 2015;
- "Best PhD poster" for the poster "A Mind-Controlled Low-Cost Sensorised Modular Hand" at the Ocean talent Camp (UKA), Aalesund University College, Aalesund, Norway, 2014;
- Finalist candidate as "Best Student Paper" for the article "ModGrasp: an Open-Source Rapid-Prototyping Framework for Designing Low-Cost Sensorised Modular Hands" at the Proceedings of the 5th IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob), São Paulo, Brasil, 2014;
- "Best Student Paper" for the article "JOpenShowVar: an Open-Source Cross-Platform Communication Interface to Kuka Robots" at the Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation (ICIA), Hailar, China, 2014.
I really thank all my co-authors and I congratulate all of them for their contribution.